Tuesday, 3 November 2009

Eleven year old girl gives birth... on her wedding day

Korteza Zhelyazkova, 11
Yes you did read correctly! The eleven year old girl from Bulgaria pictured above has become one of the worlds youngest mothers after giving birth to baby Violeta. The eleven year old who concieved the child within just a week of meeting the 19 year old husband Jeliazko Dimitrov gave birth during her wedding day still in her wedding dress after finding out she was pregnant after her grandmother had noticed she had put on weight. She was rushed to hospital and gave birth 20 minutes later.
Kordeza admitted: "I haven't had sex education classes and I didn't know how to get pregnant. I'd never had a boyfriend and I'd never heard of condoms. Kordeza continues: "I used to play with my toys but now she is my new toy. She is so beautiful, I love her. Violeta is the child and I must grow up. I am not going back to school - I am a mother now."
Dimitrov the husband now faces six years in jail for having sex with a minor. Dimitrov added: "I'm scared. I want to look after my wife and child. Instead I may be going to prison. I made a mistake but I am not going to apologise for that because now I have beautiful Violeta".

3 comments:

  1. I heard about this. It's all so wrong, but I wonder what good is it now jailing him? She's 11 with a baby, surely she needs her husbands help especially now? This is MESSED up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still trying to digest this news. One part of me wants to ask what about social services, the parents, this is abuse, he's a paedophile! Whilst the other part is like wait, different norms govern different states. What is unacceptable here does not necessarily translate to being unacceptable elsewhere. The family have accepted the situation even sanctioning the marriage and welcoming the man into the family. I'm really split on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG i really cant believe that...the world we live in today is beyong troubled!Marie. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails