Wednesday, 29 April 2009

Obama's First 100 Days - My Next Journey Begins

100 days ago I was situated at Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington DC itching with excitement as I bore witness to the Inauguration of President Barack Obama. Packed like a tin of sardines I made my way alongside millions to be part of the moment where the past confronted the future and a new era begun. Where dreams of so many finally bore fruit. 100 days ago I witnessed an improbable dream, I witnessed The Inauguration of President Barack Obama.

Today, 100 days later the American people are assessing their Presidents first 100 days in office. As I hear his achievements and goals for the future I wonder what i have achieved for myself in these last 100 days and what goals can be set for the next? 100 days on from the most historic day of my life I am sitting on my suitcase trying desperately to close it as i prepare for my next trip. 101 days later I am heading to Ghana, the birth place of my parents and a place I have not stepped into since i was 10. A place where despite such a long period of absence I still feel a strong sense of ownership, like a student who lives on campus and has been a way for a while, I now feel like i am going home. 


2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip. Look forward to the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoyed your hols to Ghana.

    If you tweet, follow at:

    http://Twitter.com/SecretDiary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails