Monday, 9 February 2009

Chris Brown under investigation for domestic violence and battery

I could not believe it when i heard that Chris Brown had been arrested for domestic violence and battery charges. And although the female victim has yet to be identified i find it to be more than a coincidence that both Chris Brown and Rihannah were missing from the Grammy's where they had both been scheduled to perform.
I went to see Chris Brown at the O2 at the beginning of this year. When Rihannah made a surprise guest appearance the two looked so in love. I would never have guessed this but then looks can be deceiving.

So the story so far goes:

Los Angeles police responded to a 911 call reporting the disturbance at around 12.30am on Sunday morning. Mr Brown has already left the scene, but a woman with 'visible injuries' - who has not been named - identified him as her attacker.
A statement released by the LAPD said double Grammy-nominee Mr Brown and his alleged victim "became involved in an argument. After stopping his car, Brown and the woman got out and the argument escalated. The woman suffered visible injuries and identified Brown as her attacker."

Reports that Rihanna, 20, is the complainant have not been substantiated by police. Officer April Harding said: "The identity of the victim will not be released. Any victim who's involved in a domestic violence incident is entitled to confidentiality."
In a 2007 interview with Giant magazine, Chris Brown revealed that his mother had been physically abused by his stepfather."He used to hit my mom," the singer, told the magazine. "He made me terrified all the time, terrified like I had to pee on myself. I remember one night he made her nose bleed. I was crying and thinking, 'I'm just gonna go crazy on him one day . . . ' I hate him to this day."

     *********************************UPDATE********************************

Apparently Rihanna was spotted with Chris Brown AFTER the alleged attack. The pair were spotted at a gas station in L.A in Chris Browns rented Lamborghini and Rihanna was seen in the passengers seat.

As soon as paps spotted the couple, Brown quickly got back in the car and sped off. He even ran a red light in order to escape the shutterbugs.

Rihanna has neither confirmed or denied the attack and has stayed silent. According to several media outlets, Rihanna has no plans to file criminal assault and battery charges against Chris, although she is said to have bruises on her face and arm from the incident.
She told Grammy officials that her no-show was because she was caught up in an unspecified traffic problem, reports E! Online.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I hope they get this cleared up. It's all sad whichever way. No one should be attacking anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... out of all the celebrity couples i did not see this one coming! I hope Rihanna is ok and this mess gets sorted out.

    I don't know what got into Chris, i don't know what they argued about or what the build up to it was. But one thing i do know is there is no reason EVER why a man should hit a women or vice versa! I'm so disappointed in him! :-(!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails